PDA

View Full Version : Mint.com

emmajoan
02-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Mint is a fantastic personal financial planning website that is totally free. Think Quicken but easier to use and much prettier! you can enter all of your accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, student loans, mortgage, car, etc) in about 5 minutes if you have all your online access to them. It then continuously monitors your trends in spending, you can compare your spending to others in a geographical region, and it even sends you alerts if a bill is coming due or if your funds are low.

This site is awesome. It's really helping me get a grasp on what I spend, and where, and allows me to track all my accounts in 1 place.

Moke
02-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Wow that is nice! Thank you!

Moke
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
OMG it's already sending me emails. :laugh:

Stacey
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I signed up for this last week. It really is awesome.

emmajoan
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
OMG it's already sending me emails. :laugh:
You can change your settings for email notifications if it gets too much!

Stacey
02-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Does it get better at categorizing transactions as you correct it? It put "Moe's Southwest Grill" as Travel....

Kate
02-08-2009, 06:02 PM
I am just paranoid but I feel weird about putting all my fiancial info on a free web site

emmajoan
02-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Does it get better at categorizing transactions as you correct it? It put "Moe's Southwest Grill" as Travel....
Yes, once you correct it, there is a checkbox that will make the category you chose the default for that particular item.

Stacey
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, once you correct it, there is a checkbox that will make the category you chose the default for that particular item.

I found it, thanks! I also started using tags to figure out how much DH and I are spending on lunches out during the work week.